Use the links below to find the specific answer to your questions
If you are a group leader, the Message feature allows you to send an email to an individual, group members and/or group leaders.
To send a message requires the sender to have an email address in their profile. They will be prompted to add one if one is not already there.
Privileges: Varies by type of message -
- Group Leaders, Assistant Leaders can email any group they oversee either as a whole or by individuals.
- With the Deluxe version of the software, Coaches and Directors also can email any group they oversee either as a whole or by individuals.
- Those with Messages admin privileges will be able to send a message to any group visible to them (which will encompass listed groups only, unless they have Group admin privileges as well).
- The Master admin will be able to send all types of messages to any group, or individual.
An email can be sent to the entire group, group leaders or an individual, if you are that group's leader.
If a group member would like to send an individual message to a group member this setting needs to be active in the group's settings. In addition, to the email settings under Privacy Defaults need to be set to 'My Groups Members & Friends' or 'Everybody'.
All Participants, The Leaders, or Specific Group Members
- Go to the group homepage and click the Messages tab
- Click the New Messages button
- You will see a pop-up to start composing a new message
- First decide on your recipients: all members, the leaders, or specific group members by name if you are a leader. (This will default to leaders only in an Administrative group).
See example below on sending a message to an individual in your group
You can review the message options, if applicable (they are not visible to members).
- Depending on who you send the message to and how you accept replies, will determine whether you can or can't choose the Don't Store this Message and Pin this Message at the Top options
Comments posted as replies to most messages will be visible to all group members. If the message was sent only to Group Leaders and posted to the message board, Group Leaders will be the only ones who receive the email, see the message in the group, and have the ability to add or view the comments.
- Next, enter the subject and body of the email in the boxes provided. You may use the formatting toolbar to quickly add lists, bold, or italics to the text.
- Finally, add any attachments to the email. Click Attach files to access the browse options. The files you attach will be sent as links in the email. These files will also be linked in the message and added to the Group's file library.
- Click 'Send' to complete the process.
- To send an email to one person in the Group, click the participants tab in the group.
- Find the person in the participant list. Click Send Email located next to the person's name.
- You may also use the search box located next to the + New Member button. Type the first or last name, or partial of either, and then Search.
Group Members will not see + New Member when searching for group members.
To edit a message, you need to be a Group Leader/Assistant in the group containing the message, be the message creator, or have Messages admin privileges.
- Click on the message title, which will take you to the message detail page.
- Next click on Edit this message on the right side under Actions.
- On the following page, you will be able to edit all fields of the message.
- Click 'Save changes' when finished editing.
You will go through the same steps as the above directions for editing a message. When you arrive on the message edit page, click thebutton.
Changes to messages will appear on the weekly summary notification email for those who have chosen to receive this correspondence in their communication settings. Learn more about communication settings here.
Group members may respond to a message by posting a comment to the message from the group. There are two ways to access this message comment area: by logging in to the site and navigating to the message, or by clicking the link provided in the message received.
Viewing Messages in the Group Messages list
As the sender if you checked the box to store messages and allow comments you will be able to click on the message under the messages tab to see the original message and any comments.
Viewing your messages from the Welcome Page
Any group leader or member of their group whose settings are Membership Type is set to Invitation/Request Required can see messages posted under this section. Otherwise, if a group’s Membership Type is set to Open to All, anyone can see these messages.
- The first button Group Messages are group messages system-wide.
- The second button My Messages are messages that you as an individual created may it be you as a group member or a group leader.
Navigating through these messages, you can use the search field to narrow down what message you are looking for. Just start typing the first couple letters of a word that may describe the message you are looking for.
Leave a Comment
From an Email:
- Click the button Click Here to Comment from the email you received.
- Log into the site if prompted. (You will not need to log in again if you are already logged in.)
- Type your comment in the box provided and then click Add this comment.
From your Homepage
- Click the name of the group in the My Groups list, or click on the Messages tab of the welcome page.
- Click the title of the message from the messages section of the Group Overview page or from the list of messages on the Welcome page.
- On the following page, scroll down to the bottom of any comments that may already have been posted.
- Type your comment and click Add this comment.
Your posted comment will appear at the bottom of the comment list by default. You can sort the list by using the sort options on the right side of the page.
Please see our 'Communication' topic area for more information on different types of communication in Church Community Builder.
Problem Sending an Email Through a Group
Typically, if you have a problem sending an email to one of your Groups, it is because the communication settings for that Group have not been set up.
You can always view who is receiving emails from the Group by clicking on thedrop-down and then Edit Participants List
You can set up the Group so that everyone with an email address listed can receive group emails. First go to your Group's page and click onand then select Edit Group Settings. On the Options tab under, Group Member Communication Defaults, there is a checkbox that says 'Receive emails sent from the group'. Check that box and you will be able to send out emails to members in that Group.The names with the email icon next to them are the ones who currently receive emails from the Group.