We are getting ready to set up our children's ministry check-in system, and I'm looking for advice & suggestions.
We're planning on using iPads, scanners and label printers.
My questions are:
1. What ratio of check-in stations to children do you use? We average 250 kids per Sunday.
2. CCB suggests several vendors for the scanners and printers. Any feedback on who you prefer?
3. Any other advice to offer?
Thanks for your help!
Hi there, Dave!
I hope you are having a great Wednesday!!
For the ratio of check-in stations, to children, our Children and Students Focus guides say that the general rule of thumb is one Self station per 100 kiddos and one Manned station per 50 children.
For recommendations as to what vendors we recommend, we really like Shoreline POS. They have provided excellent customer service to our church partners and they also offers low cost, high quality remanufactured Check-In hardware components like barcode scanners, label printers, touch screen monitors, and tablets. All components are expertly remanufactured by expert technicians, covered by a 2-Year Warranty, and eligible for a 90 Day Return Policy. They would be the best people to recommend software, as they will do an assessment based on your church’s needs. I would recommend contacting Todd Bogwill at firstname.lastname@example.org or (773) 412-3704. You can also visit their website at www.shorlinepos.com.
I thought I would also provide some of our documentation on setup up check-in for your site.
1. Check-In: Technical Requirements: http://support.churchcommunitybuilder.com/customer/portal/articles/872108-check-in-technical-requirements
2. Preparing to use Check-In (Settings and Setup): http://support.churchcommunitybuilder.com/customer/portal/articles/269292-preparing-to-use-check-in-settings-and-setup-
3. Check-In: Basic Overview: http://support.churchcommunitybuilder.com/customer/portal/articles/684499-check-in-basic-overview
4. Check-In Printer Setup: http://support.churchcommunitybuilder.com/customer/portal/articles/423204-check-in-printer-setup
I hope this information helps, Dave! Have a blessed day!